Waste is an unavoidable byproduct of every business. Effective management of this waste stream consumes a significant amount of time and resources that can be better allocated to the core business of the company. RPM provides a comprehensive program that includes recycling and waste reduction services that help its clients meet their sustainability and waste diversion objectives without taking our eye off the bottom line.
Click on links to read more.
Company 1 – Plastics Company 2 – Boxes Company 3 – Manufacturer
Company 1 – Manufacturer of plastic packaging products
- Reduce landfill volume and cost
- Develop and implement comprehensive recycling program
- Replace aging waste disposal and recycling equipment
- Identified several commodities in the waste stream that could be recycled
- Worked with local management to develop a plan to divert this material from the waste stream. Reduced trash volume by 43% and cost by 61%
- Restructured existing recycling program to capture all diverted material on one trailer.
- Used recycling rebates to purchase new balers and compactors for two facilities. Eliminated costly downtime and equipment rental expenses.
Company 2 – Manufacturer of corrugated boxes
- Customer came to us for help recycling cutting dies.
- Several other vendors have attempted to recycle cutting dies and failed.
- The customer has aggressive sustainability initiatives and challenged RPM to find a solution.
- Worked with local die manufacturer to develop a program where dies get shipped back to his facility and all reusable components are stripped from the dies.
- Stripped dies are shipped to a processor that separates the wood from the steel and creates two recyclable products.
- The scrap dies are 100% recycled and the customer reports a cost savings of over 24% compared to disposal.
Company 3 – Manufacturer of Industrial Products
- Reduce landfill cost and volume
- Develop efficient recycling program
- Conducted a waste audit that identified several waste streams that could be converted to recycling. Developed program to capture and recycle this material.
- Replaced compactor that was being used for cardboard with a baler. Eliminated rental expense and pull charges and now cardboard is a revenue stream.
- Installed second baler for other recyclable materials. Overall waste volume reduced by 38% and costs reduced by 43%.